Flexitank is a flexible container, similar to a carton, with capacities from 5000 to 200,000 liters.
- Deliveries door to door.
- No need of intermediate in bulk storage.
- Disposable in remote regions.
- Low cost placing.
- Fast placing be air loading.
- Material is kept clean in warehouse.
- Product without risk of pollution.
- Vacuum pack, no oxidation.
- Low weight.
- Lower load cost than barrels or IBC's.
- Useful load of container of 20 feet, 15% more than IBC's.
- Useful load of container of 20 feet, 44% more than barrels.
- Folded takes up only 2% of load size.
- Low cost of investment.
- No need of load return.
- Faster loading and unloading than barrels.
- Less work force in manipulation, loading and unloading.
- No need of hoist or derrick to load or unload container.
flexitank is made of polyvinyl chloride (PVC). This version was an alternative to rubber flexitank because PVC was cheaper and lighter.
PVC flexitank is also a non-food grade tank.
The positioning and cleaning of the tank is a big challenge. Leakage of this tank occurs frequently and sometimes the entire tank may burst.